Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Glimpse of Me


I grew up from a very poor family in the northern part of the Philippines. My parents were ondinary farmers and though we have had few hectares of farmland back home, unfortunately they weren't able to send me to university after I graduated from high school.

I simply hated farming and I promised to myself that I really don't want to grow old or to die as a farmer. So what I did was, I left home and I started working in varied blue collar jobs at the age of 17. In 1999, I embarked into university. I worked as student assistant everyday and I attended my classes 4-9 pm. I really strived hard in my studies and after a year I was granted a full academic scholarship from the government. Since then I became a full time student and I also engaged in journalism works being a campus journalist in my university for additional allowances.

I've been through ups and downs throughout my journey, but I never had any regrets because I firmly believed that there's really hope for everyone and that there's really an answer to every prayer. In March 2003, I graduated the degree Bachelor in Secondary Education major in English at Capitol University, Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines. Few months after graduation, I took and I passed the Licensure Examination for Teachers in the Philippines. Then in June 2004, I was hired as a government English teacher in a secondary institution in my home province - Bukidnon.

Being a typical filipino son who's the only one able to finish university and landed a decent job, I have to help my parents and some of my nephews and nieces. I taught/worked for almost 4 years in the Philippines but it seemed I didn't find any contentment and comfort considering the very low salary of government teachers there. Thus, I decided to leave and tried my luck teaching abroad.

I arrived Thailand last Dec 2007, so almost 10 months now. Currently, I am employed as English teacher in a secondary government school here in northern Thailand.

I am a typical guy who always looks at the positive side of life and I am very ambitious too...despite my current status here, I am still hoping to cross outside Asia if God's will.

Although I am the bread winner of the family, it doesn't mean that I am living a bitter life. I know it's not my lifetime responsibility but I simply love helping my family and that's the least thing I knew I can do to show gratitude especially to my parents while I still have the chance.

No comments: