Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

FINAL GOOD BYE!

I used to be passionate and romantic but now everything turned opposite. In fact, my soul had been invaded by the most unbearable anger, frustrations, pains, and perhaps all the negative emotions that someone could ever imagine were all capsulated in me. How did it happened? Well, let me try to elaborate everything.Way back 2001, I was deeply, madly and truly in loved with someone. I was 3rd year college that time and I would say that was the most colorful days in my entire university years. It all started when I accidentally bumped into someone whom I've been dreaming of. There was a certain event in school when I first saw him. I was a campus journalist and I was tasked to cover the said event. Since then, I felt like I always wanted to see him again and wished to befriend him if given the chance.

One day, I was hurriedly walking from a shopping mall to our school for a quiz on one of my major subjects. Beyond all my expectations, I came across with a familiar face and...alas! It was him! I was speechless then but when he had thrown me a smile I managed to utter a single word "hi". I never thought he was a friendly guy too. He said "Oh hey, you're a campus journalist right?" Then I replied, yes I am and you are...Mr.Johnson right? So, we had the chance to talk personally and unfortunately I wasn't able to proceed to school but instead I ended up accompanying him to LKKC (Lim Ket Kai Center-one of the biggest shopping malls in the city) for him to buy some stuff. We did talk a lot as if we're close friends for a long time. We exchanged numbers and started sending sms or do phone calls sometimes.

Since then, we became friends. We met regularly for snacks, dinner, swimming and sometimes to different parties in and outside the city. I had the chance to meet his family too including his grandparents and relatives. Consequently, I became close to his family too and in fact his mother offered me to stay with them in the year 2002. So obviously, I was accepted as part of their family. Needless to mention all the goodness of his family specially his mom. I was really treated well and for that I owed a lot from them. I stayed with them for more than a year, but right after my graduation in college I decided to depart and started looking for a lucrative job.

Fortunately, few months after passing the Licensure Exam for Teachers I landed a teaching job in a government school in my home province. Our friendship continued and I still visited him and his family regularly. Until one day, he decided to leave for Manila and later outside the country to pursue his career being a sailor. So we were ocean miles apart that time, but I never had any choice but to accept the reality. Several months later, while he was still onboard he informed me that he already had a girlfriend. Ouch!!! Sooooo painful, but what else can I do? NOTHING!!! So, when he told me that he'll bring his GF when he comes home after his contract I almost lost my senses. Can't figure out what to say and how to control my emotions.

To make the story short, I left my job, family and the country in order to easily ease the pains that I've been going through. Until now, I am not yet certain if such decision was right for me but I hope I won't regret it soon. I know I had been very coward to face the reality but I believed it was the best move I ever did. Time had passed and I guess the pains and the wounds were gradually healed.

For now, we're still friends and we're still keeping in touch. I guess he's happy with his life while I am also trying to cope up with everything. I know everybody deserves to be happy and so do I. That's life. We need to take what it has to offer. We need to survive and continue our quest for happiness.

At this point in my life, I would say that I've been a great survivor. I am proud of everything I've done and with all the decisions I've made. Such miserable experience has taught me some lessons and it has given me more strength. I was totally trasformed and since then I realized that after all, life is still worth living.

No comments: